A little history…
Tiger Garden first opened it’s doors as MU’s student-operated floral shop in August of 2005. It was operated by one student manager, one other student worker and a dear volunteer, Louise. There were many days when not a single sale was made and the shop was only open from 12:30pm-4:30pm. Since it’s humble beginnings, there have been many, many changes. Too many to count! In 2007 floral design classes were again offered to students–the first time since the 1980’s! In 2009 some renovations were made and a floral design classroom was attached to the shop. We now have three faculty and staff mentors working full-time to mentor the nearly 20 students who run the shop and 500+ students who take our FIVE different floral design courses offered each year. We are continually working to ensure our students have the best business and floral education possible and giving them the resources they need to start successful careers in the floral industry. We’re so happy for those that have supported of us over the years. We couldn’t have done it without all the hard work from those who laid the solid groundwork in the beginning. We look forward to all of the growth and changes that will take place in the next 10 years!
Celebrate with us…
- Monday, August 31
- Throwback Spotlight: The Beginning
- Must Have Monday — Our new line of decor is a must have in your new space! Don’t miss our in-store specials on our NEW items. Our Monday shoppers will receive a $10 gift card for every $50 spent on decor & stationary items.
- Tuesday, September 1
- Throwback Spotlight: Louise
- Tiger Stripe Tuesday — Need a quick gift for a friend? We will be wheeling and dealing with our tiger stripe items (and maybe a few non-tiger stripe items)! Find specials of up to 25% off original prices! Items include: the cutest tiger bud vases with or without flowers, tiger stripe containers, tiger-wrapped arrangements, bandiez and tiger gift baskets.
- Wednesday, September 2
- Throwback Spotlight: Old Blue
- All Wrapped Up! — Just outside our shop doors, we will have a bouquet bar set up for you to create your own bouquet. Great values for $10, $25 and $50. Shop early for best selection!
- Flower Photo Booth — After you pick up your bouquet, stick around to take a picture in our flower photo booth! Upload your picture to Instagram using the hashtag #TGFlowerBooth and be entered in a drawing to win a $50 Tiger Garden gift card! Winner will be drawn and announced at the end of the day. Don’t have Instagram? We can upload the picture for you. 🙂
- Thursday, September 3
- Throwback Spotlight: Tiger Garden Stars
- Scavenger Hunt — Bright and early Thursday morning we will hide 5 items around campus. Follow our clues on Instagram to find our hidden items. Turn in the hidden item at Tiger Garden before we close on Thursday (4:30PM) to pick up your prize. One lucky person will win a gift basket valued at $50!
- Friday, September 4
- Throwback Spotlight: The Next 10 Years
- 10 S’more Years! — Come grab a s’more to help us kick off our next 10 years!
- Black & Gold Friday — The Mizzou Store is no longer the only place on campus to offer specials on Friday’s before a football game day! We thought our 10 year celebration was a great time to kick off the start of our new sale. Every Friday before home football game days, we will be offering 25% off our black and gold items. That includes our black and gold flowers! Available while supplies last. Stop by to see our full selections.
- #TGFridayDelight — EVERY FRIDAY we have a #TGFridayDelight. Our regular customers know we often have $1 roses, which is a great deal! Watch our Facebook page for updates on what we will have each Friday.
- *Note: Black & Gold Friday and #TGFridayDelight specials cannot be used in combination. One sale/purchase please.